I'm sure you've been checking back with anticipation every single day. Well you can calm yourself because the day has come to update you in my makeup journey.
First I started with 3 new products:
1. Naked Eye Shadow by Urban Decay
2. Benefit Hello Flawless
3. Benefit They're Real mascara
1. Let's start with the eye shadow: Naked by Urban Decay
I can tell these eye shadows are going to last a long time. I'm definitely excited about this purchase and I'm not even lying when I tell you I get compliment on my eyeshadow all the time. I've NEVER gotten compliments on my eyeshadow before!
2. Next I branched out from my Clinique foundation that I have used FOREVER and tried Hello Flawless by Benefit. I'm sort of eh about this. Maybe it's because I'm used to the same foundation for over 10 years but I'm just not loving this as much as I do my Clinique foundation. It is sort of watery and I don't feel like it lasts any longer than my previous foundation did. But I am determined to use this whole bottle. Money doesn't grow on trees around here.
And I don't HATE it, I am just anxious to try something else.
3. Since I've been using the same mascara since I first started wearing mascara (much too late in life) I decided I needed to find something new.
I did a twitter survey trying to figure out what mascara I should try and "They're Real" by benefit won by a landslide, people swear by this stuff.
I have very short and thin eyelashes, basically the worst combination when it comes to eyelashes. This mascara did help me and I liked it a lot, the only thing I didn't like about it was it is SUCH A PAIN to get off. I would use eye makeup remover, do all the proper "eye makeup remover" protocol and it would still be on my eyes. And then when I woke up in the morning it was not a pretty sight. That is probably the only downside to this mascara. Other than that is great and made my eyelashes much more full.
On to the next 3 products. Hopefully it won't take me a year to review them next time!