I have all these thoughts going through my head that I want to write about and I was trying to figure out how to get them to all lump together in one beautiful blog post, but it's just not happening, so I will do a random list, which proves that I am just about the least creative person ever.
1. Today I learned what happens when I'm in a public place with Eli with no stroller or other person to hold him and I have to use the restroom. I'm pretty impressed with my mad skillz. I will not elaborate though.
2. Today I bought paint to use for a couple of things for Eli's birthday (while still keeping a no expectations goal in mind). I spent a good chunk of time painting an object for the party only to realize I bought the wrong paint. I wanted a cherry red paint and I got PIMENTO. Why is PIMENTO even a paint color?!?!? I was so concerned with whether to get satin or gloss finish that I neglected to pay attention to the actual color. I will have to repaint. And just for the record PIMENTO is not cute.
3. While painting today I thought of the 8 pairs of jeans that I have at the top of my closet saved to paint in, yet here I stood painting in my black sweat pants. I need to get rid of those jeans.
4. Sometimes I'm afraid I truly am a hoarder.
5. When I logged into blogger today I saw that I was right at 1000 followers, thats pretty cool! I try not to become consumed with followers or hits. There have been times where I've allowed myself to think about that stuff and it is a SLIPPERY SLOPE downhill. It is dumb to be consumed with it. But I like that its right at 1000 right now.
6. While picking up laundry today I walked into the bathroom to find that Eli can now reach the toilet paper. We are definitely going to use all that toilet paper even though it was on the floor, we are too cheap to just throw it all away, now it's on the counter next to the toilet. This reminded me of a story from the Ramona books where she squirts all the toothpaste out of a tube and her mom makes her put it in a plastic bag and use it so it doesn't go to waste. It always grossed me out.
7. I need food help again. What are ideas for food for a baby Eli's age? He absolutely will not eat baby food anymore but I'm afraid he's not getting enough "real" food. What do/did you feed your kid at this age? (11 months)
I'm too tired to come up with 10 things. Goodnight!