Random thoughts floating around in my head:
1. This Saturday we have our first set of professional pictures as a family of three. These pictures will then be used for our Christmas card. Eli's outfit is set and planned (of course) but I have NO idea what Luke and I are wearing. I have bought approximately 150 outfits for myself trying to narrow it down. I will take back the outfits that I don't wear which will be a pain driving these outfits all over town, but right now it seems worth it. My goal is to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow so I can then focus on Luke. We better cherish these pictures FOREVER.
2. I really need a new pair of jeans but jeans shopping since having a baby is NOT fun. I never had a problem with jean shopping pre-baby. Now I hate it. Today a store employee made me try on a pair of jeans I promised her wouldn't fit (it was the only size the store had) she swore they would. I KNEW they wouldn't - these hips don't lie sister. Once it was obvious that the jeans weren't going to fit I wanted to throw them at her. But I didn't. WWJD. Also, what kind of store only carries ONE JEAN SIZE? Jeans are not ONE SIZE FITS ALL. Sorry, I'm done now.
3. Our poor little Eli is sick. He has a runny nose and a pitiful cough. It is either a cold or allergies but I am hoping it goes away quick. It is so sad to hear his little cough. And trying to clean his nose is equivalent to trying to catch a running squirrel. HARD and IMPOSSIBLE.
4. We went to the fair with my family this past weekend and I didn't take one picture. I didn't take my camera because I didn't want to carry it around and planned to use Luke's phone for pictures, but then I just never thought about it again. We had a lot of fun though. I love my family's fair trip every year.
5. A couple of people asked me if they could order Scentsy from me even if they don't live in the same state as me. The answer is yes! The order will be shipped directly to you. I have customers (and people on my team) who live all over the US, so shop away!
6. I've always had a freakishly small head. Beneath that head of hair Luke also has a small head. Now it seems that Eli has a small noggin. His head is in the 10th percentile. We are a small headed family. Small heads = big brains.
7. I am seriously so excited about taking Eli to the pumpkin patch this year.
8. I'm trying to decide what to give up in my life so that I can put that money towards a house cleaner to come and clean our house. And yes I know I sound RIDICULOUS and PATHETIC with that statement. I mean I only have one child and I only work part-time surely I could find time to clean? Probably but it would be so nice to have somebody come every couple of weeks and deep clean and then I could take care of everything else. I'm sure I could go without food for a day or so if it meant I could pay somebody to clean my house. Or makeup, I can give up makeup. I hear the natural look is in right now.
9. I think I have the oldest iPhone in existence. I might donate it to a museum. But I'm saving money for a house cleaner so I can't donate it just yet.
10. In college one of my best friends and I decided to form a bunco group. Yes it is usually a game reserved for "older" (I use that term loosely) women, but we loved the game and wanted to play so form a group we did. We had an amazing time until everybody graduated and moved away. So rude. Since the day that group dissolved my heart has longed for a Bunco team. But my heart has found happiness because my friend Katie and I decided to form a group of our own. Be watching for a super fun post about our awesome bunco group soon.
11. Last week I bought Eli an inflatable bath tub. When it was time to give him a bath I simply blew up the bath tub. That day when Luke got home from work he asked if I wanted him to blow up the bath tub, I told him I had already blown it up. To which he replied "Wow, I can't believe you blew it up with your one little lung". Hm.. I actually have two lungs. So, that's kinda weird that my husband thinks I only have one lung? I did have a lung collapse, but I assure you I still have two normal working lungs. A collapse does not mean it disappeared. However I'm now seeing I can use this to my advantage. Please imagine this scenario with me:
Luke: Babe, can you help me mow the lawn? (he has never asked me to mow the lawn but it could happen one day)
Me: Aw, I totally would but my one lung is giving me the fits today so I can't, sorry!
Noted and tucked away for future use.
Happy Monday! (now Tuesday)