I'm excited to do this post because I found something that has helped me get a bit more organized and maybe it can help you.
I have found that some weeks I am at the top of my game and I'm feeling good. All the laundry is done and put away, the house is completely clean, not only are dinners planned for the week but their ingredients are grouped together ready to be grabbed at a moments notice.
When I'm in the middle of one of those "on" weeks I can't imagine life any other way, and feel like I'm pretty much the most amazing woman on the earth. There is nothing better than feeling organized and on top of your game.
Then I have weeks like this one. If you could see my house you would see three loads of laundry on my sofa waiting to be folded, a living room full of blankets and toys, a kitchen that desperately needs some TLC, a bedroom floor with piles of sorted clothes waiting to be thrown in the washer and an empty menu waiting to be filled with meals for this week.
I definitely do not feel like the most amazing woman on earth during weeks like this one.
My home organization notebook has helped me leaps and bounds in certain areas. It honestly has. Which thrills me because it had the potential to be one of those things that I made, got all excited about, blogged about like it would revolutionize my life, and then tucked it away never to look at it again.
But I have used many of its features and feel more organized in my life. But, as always, there are still areas in my life I need to become more organized in.
Well, last week I visited my friend Allison's blog and she wrote a post about the Sunday Seven.
Basically, it is taking important areas of your life, and setting short term goals to accomplish in that week.
This is perfect for me because I'm a "small picture" kind of gal. If I have a HUGE task in front of me, it is hard for me to do it, my mind starts to wander, I lose focus and all of a sudden I'm off in left field not even remembering what my original task was.
This usually happens when I begin to clean my closet.
So last week I challenged myself to write out my Sunday Seven and stick to them for the week. I found a pretty notecard in my desk, used my favorite pen, inked down my Sunday seven and then posted them on desk where I would see them everyday
My Sunday Seven last week along with how I did in each area:
1. Faith - Goal: Spend at least 15 minutes in "quiet time" with God everyday. I achieved this 5 out of the 7 days. Honestly it should be something that I do everyday, but it has been put on the back burner lately. I am working on it.
2. Family - Goal: Two nights unplugged from the computer and phone. Lately I've realized (or I've been told by Luke) that I spend a lot of time on my phone and computer doing things that aren't that important. I am happy to say that I did have 2 nights where I used the phone and computer a lot less.
3. Relationships - Goal: Send 5 handwritten notes to friends and or family. This is a big fat fail. And I'm so mad. I was most excited about this one but then never did it And I have no excuse. I could have found time to do this if I really wanted to do it. I need to make it a goal again.
4. Work - Goal: Complete my to do list at my office job and organize all my home party supplies for my Scentsy job. Check and Check. Yay!
5. Health and Wellness - Goal: Five times this week either jog, walk or do the shred. Realistically I would LOVE to jog every single day. But now that I have Eli it is so hard to find time to do it. I guess I could wake up at 5:30 and do it before Luke leaves for work, but right now that is not appealing, so I have to do what I can, even if its putting Eli in his stroller and walking around the neighborhood. I really need to get me one of those fancy schmancy jogging strollers. Anyways, I did 4 out of 5 on this one. Pretty good.
6. Finances - Goal: No frivolous purchases (i.e. clothes, shoes, scarves, jewelry, non-necessities) I completed this with flying colors. Woo hoo!
7. Downtime - Goal: READ I LOVE to read but find that I never do it because I fall into bed completely exhausted at the end of the day. I did not do this once this week. :-( Hoping to do it next week.
So those seven were my Sunday Seven. I am LOVING this and I'm excited about achieving my goals for next week. I hope I get a little better at it each week.
If you need to become a bit more organized in your life and your feeling a bit discouraged (like I was) try this! I think I'm going to update my Sunday Seven on here every Sunday at least for a little bit to keep myself accountable.
What would your seven weekly goals be?