Eli Tree is 5 months old. My sweet baby is the absolute light of my life. From his facial expressions to his vocal "announcements" all the way to watching him learn to work his tiny little body I am loving ever minute of this stage.
Eli, here is what you are doing this month:
- You are trying your hardest to scoot across the floor. Right now your rolling and rolling everywhere. You get up on your legs and try and push yourself across the floor. You will be taking off in no time.
- You are quite the talker. You love to shout at us! And we love when you shout at us!
- You love to sit in your exersaucer and jumperoo
- You have started sleeping from 8:00-6:00 and we are so happy. The transition with me going back to work and you moving to your own room was rough for a couple of weeks but we seem to be in a pretty good routine for now. But I've learned with sleep ya never know!
- Taking naps however is just not your thing. You will sleep around 30-45 minutes on a good day and then wake up refreshed and ready to go! You take a morning and afternoon "nap"
- You are doing so well at childcare and they love you there!
- You have become a chunky little guy. Right now you weigh 16.8. Considering you started out so tiny this is very big to us!
- You are in size 2 diapers and wear 3-6 month clothes
- You had your first non-family babysitter this month and you did great!
- You've started eating rice cereal and you aren't the biggest fan. You will eat it, but you prefer the bottle.
Eli you are so fun and like I say every single day I am so thankful for you. Your daddy and I fall in love with you a little bit more every single day.
This past weekend was a great one. Friday night we hung around the house. I cooked chicken enchilada's and Luke and I watched The Fighter after Eli fell asleep. It was an excellent movie. I'm definitely not a romantic comedy kind of girl. This movie was right up my alley.
Saturday I had a meeting early in the morning and then a baby shower in the early afternoon so I was gone most of the morning and afternoon. Luke's parents came up to spend the day with Eli so I knew he was being entertained at home.
Sunday I worked the nursery at church and Eli ended up being the only baby in my room. So I got to play with my baby all Sunday morning. After church we went to lunch with friends. It has been awhile since we went out to eat with friends so we really enjoyed our time.
The weather was a bit cooler today - meaning it was only around 98 degrees so we decided to go on a walk. Luke snapped this pic of me and my little love-bug Eli before our walk. We were just lounging on the closet floor. Normal
I need to get to bed now, Monday mornings always come really quick and I'm usually running around like a crazy woman!