1. Wednesday was Eli's first day of daycare. I went back to work at the beginning of June but instead of starting daycare at that time both my mom and Luke's mom took turns keeping Eli. Now he starts going to a daycare for 20 hours a week. I thought it was going to be really hard on me when I dropped him off that morning, but I did surprisingly well. I know that he is in good hands. Here are his first day of "school" pictures! :-)
2. When Eli was tiny and I was on maternity leave I had him on the best schedule and he was such a good sleeper. Somewhere between me going back to work and now he has completely gotten off his schedule. I'm not a hardcore baby scheduler but I had developed something that worked for both me and Eli. But now we have nothing and he has quit sleeping through the night and wanting to take naps. During maternity leave I could lay him down and he would put himself to sleep, now it takes a lot of effort to get him to sleep. I feel like a mommy failure but Luke reminded me tonight that he is still so young and we are learning everyday. It made me feel better.
3. I went out to eat with some good friends tonight. It was so much fun and was made complete with some yummy cheesecake at the end of the night. Cheesecake is my favorite.
4. I want to make a digital memory book of Eli's first year starting from the night he was born. I keep wanting to start it as I feel like it will be easier to keep up with little by little instead of trying to do all at once at the end of the year. I'm trying to figure out what program would be the best to use for this. I need to get started ASAP. Anybody have any good photobook sites they would suggest using?
5. Just the other day I put Eli in his swing and ran to my bedroom to grab something. When I came back out he was staring straight up at the mobile above his head for the first time. It looked like he had just discovered that there were "friends" up there! He was like "hey guys, I didn't know you were up there!" Now he stares up there all the time. I love watching his little brain work!
6. I have now gone one whole week without any diet coke. A friend commented on my post last week and told me to google aspartame poisoning, so I did and I totally had several of the symptoms. I decided to quit putting it in my body and I have felt SO much better. It is amazing. I will probably do a full post about this sometime. I haven't really even craved it too badly. The feeling of "feeling good" is better than diet coke tastes!
7. It's Harry Potter weekend on ABC Family this weekend!! Yay!! You know I love my HP movies!
8. Several people inquired about ordering Scentsy from me. Anybody can order Scentsy products through my website, which you can get to by clicking on the Scentsy button at the top of this blog. Everybody that orders this month by clicking on "July Online Orders" on my website will be entered into a drawing for a half price full size warmer of your choice!
9. Big Brother started tonight. YAY!!! It always officially feels like Summer when BB starts!
10. Before Eli I NEVER went to bed with makeup on my face. Since having Eli I have done this a couple of times and I hate it. When I do it I can FEEL the wrinkles forming, but sometimes I'm so tired I just want to crawl in bed!