Well here we are at the end of 2009. I can't believe how fast this year flew by!
2009 was a year of very few changes for Luke and me. Sometimes no change is a good thing and I think that is the case for 2009.
It was our first full year as husband and wife and we were still learning our roles as husband and wife. Yes there were times (many times) when I was frustrated with living in this apartment, and yes there are still many decisions we need to make in regards to our future, and I know that those things will all come with time.
This year we had no big purchases, no big revelations, no big job changes, or location changes, or babies, or pets. And even though at times I got frustarted with the fact that there were no big changes I now see that it made for a great SMOOTH year. It was a pretty great year. In fact it was a perfect year.
Here is our 2009 in review.
- I kicked off the year by cutting off all my hair and going back to my natural color. I still regret cutting my hair and I colored my hair about a month later. Clearly it was not the best decision
- Luke and I both turned 25
- We traveled to Red River, Washington DC, and Disney World
- I stood beside another friend as she married her love
- I got to meet several bloggers and became good friends with my Tulsa blogging gals. I now consider them my In Real Life Friends :-)
- I found a love for cooking that I never knew I had
- Luke's band had a great year and did really well in a local Battle of the Bands
- My sister Kati obtained her cosmetology license and became my full time hair person. LOVE THAT.
- We celebrated our one year anniversary with one year old cake
- I started the Couch to 5K plan and surprisingly have stuck with it and really enjoy it. I just might become a runner after all!
- Our church had a great year. Some big changes happened, and we ended the year with an amazing Christmas service and meal that fed around 250 people!
2009 was a pretty smooth year. Luke and I are so blessed to have such amazing families behind us and I realize everyday just how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband beside me as we continue this journey of starting our own family. In the next year we hope to grow closer to God as a couple, not just seeking Him for answers but seeking Him to know Him more.
In the year 2010 I hope to:
- PURCHASE A HOME
- Cook more (that means less shopping EEK)
- Save more
- Make some decisions
- Become more consistent in my devotional time with God
- Meet more of my lovely bloggy friends
Happy New Year!